July 10 - 23
During this two-week program, Creative Writing students develop their skills in poetry and fiction through:
- Daily workshops led by published authors
- Submitting original compositions for critique by teachers and peers in a constructive and supportive setting
- Broadening their knowledge of contemporary writers and expanding their critical vocabulary through a variety of reading materials
- Presenting their works at public readings at the end of their experience
How To Apply & Audition
Students apply in 9th grade to attend in the summer following 9th grade. An online application process, which includes demographic and arts information, must be completed to be considered for admission. The online application portal will be used to request recommendations and upload other required materials.
Creative Writing applicants are required to upload a writing portfolio to the application portal. Select applicants will be asked to submit a short audition interview video based on the portfolio and application materials.
- View the Writing Portfolio Guidelines
- View the Interview Video Guidelines
- Check out our Suggested Reading List