Aspiring filmmakers will work with a team of industry professionals to produce a short film based on their original scripts. During this two-week, overnight program, students will learn the filmmaking process from start to finish, including how to:
- Write a compelling scene in screenplay format
- Work with actors in front of a camera
- Operate state-of-the-art equipment
- Block and light a scene
- Edit film takes
- Add sound and music to video footage
- Make stories come alive on-screen!
How To Apply
Students apply in 7th & 8th grade can apply to attend in the summers following 7th & 8th grade. Interested candidates will complete an online application process, including an application checklist used to request recommendations and upload required materials. The total process may take 1-2 weeks to complete.
Film applicants are required to submit a personal statement and story idea to the application portal.