Thank you, South Carolina, for supporting our state's nationally renowned high school for the arts!
For 20 years, the SC Governor's School for the Arts and Humanities has cultivated young artists from across the state through pre-professional training in the arts in our tuition-free, residential high school, summer programs, and outreach initiatives.
The life-changing experiences students gain from the level of artistic and academic excellence that the Governor's School provides would not be possible without the continued support of our legislators, donors, educators, arts organizations, alumni, parents, and students.
Over the past 20 years...
- Talented students from all 46 counties in South Carolina and from diverse socio-economic backgrounds, have had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to pursue their artistic passion in an arts-immersive environment while gaining a nationally recognized academic education.
- Our high school students have been consistently recognized by national arts organizations, including the National YoungArts Foundation, Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, Music Teacher National Association, Youth America Grand Prix, and the U.S. Presidential Scholars in the Arts program.
- The Governor's School has served thousands of students in public schools throughout the state with guest artist visits and hands-on arts workshops.
- Hundreds of arts teachers have participated in our free professional development opportunities such as arts teacher retreats and in-classroom visits and demonstrations by our arts faculty.
- Many alumni have made names for themselves professionally on a national scale, and many have become educators in South Carolina, both bringing acclaim and enhancing arts education in our state.
With Your Continued Support...
The Governor's School looks forward to serving South Carolina and supporting arts education in our state for the next 20 years and beyond! There are two ways you can help us continue our mission.
- Do you know an artistically talented student with a passion for the arts? Learn more about our programs and the admissions process!
- Consider making a donation to the SC Governor's School for the Arts and Humanities Foundation which helps ensure that cost is not a barrier to attendance and funds special programs that enhance the Govie experience.