A Nationally-Recognized Academic Education
The Governor’s School provides a challenging academic program that supports and enriches students’ arts training and meets the requirements for a high school diploma in South Carolina. Small class sizes allow individualized and personal attention, while an environment of respect and open dialogue creates a culture of learning that motivates students and weaves the arts and humanities together in the academic classroom. Our students are well prepared for college and accepted by some of the most prestigious colleges, universities and conservatories in the nation.
- Nationally recognized as one of the top high schools in the United States based on academic measures by U.S. News and World Report, The Washington Post, and The Daily Beast
- SAT and ACT scores consistently rank above national and state averages
- 100% graduation rate, with college acceptances and scholarships
- The 106 graduates of the Class of 2018 received over $32 million dollars in scholarships
- A full range of courses offered at all levels to fulfill South Carolina diploma requirements. Download the 2018/19 course selection guide (.pdf).
- Electives in Environmental and Marine Science, Holocaust Seminar, Film Studies, Art History, and Music History
- Academic support staff for students with special needs
- Weekly academics assistance/tutoring for all students
- Advanced Placement courses available in 12 subjects
- One-third of our full-time faculty are National Board Certified, and all of our faculty have years of experience teaching in higher education and outstanding high schools.