Congratulations to the Class of 2021!
Our outstanding seniors have successfully earned their high school diplomas and completed intensive pre-professional training programs in their art areas during the most challenging period in Governor's School history. Thanks to their unwavering dedication and commitment to their education and art, the Class of 2021’s academic and artistic achievements were recognized regionally and nationally in the following ways:
- 47 seniors were inducted into the National Honor Society and 24 were named Academic Achievement Award Scholars
- 35 seniors were named AP Scholars including 5 with distinction and 13 with honors
- 5 seniors received medals in the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards national competition, including a Gold Medal for Writing Portfolio and an American Visions Award
- 2 seniors were selected as YoungArts finalists and U.S. Presidential Scholars in the Arts Semifinalists
- 3 seniors placed in the 2021 Grand Jeté student ballet competition
- 4 seniors were honored in the SC Music Teachers National Association Competition including 1 winner
- 2 seniors were named finalists in the William Warfield Scholarship Fund Classical Vocal Competition
for African American High School Students
- 2 seniors had artwork selected for the 2021 Artfields Jr.
- 1 senior won first place in Bennington College’s 2021 Young Writers Awards
Collectively, they have received millions of dollars in scholarship offers from prestigious colleges, universities and conservatories across the nation. Click on the photos below to learn more about these high achievers and their college plans.