National Arts and Humanities Month Costume Contest
To celebrate National Arts and Humanities Month here at the Governor's School, we are holding a contest to see who can wear the best humanities themed costume. Students and Teachers from all over the state are encouraged to participate with us -- with the possibility of winning prizes!
- Costume Ideas
- A famous person from the humanities: an artist, a philosopher, a historical figure
- A work of art: a sculpture, a painting, a character from a novel or film
- An object related to something in the humanities: a musical instrument, a theater mask, a painter’s palette
- An abstract concept from the humanities: free will, poetic license, the Enlightenment
- Anything else you can think of that relates to history, philosophy, languages, and the arts
Best Student Costume - $15 Amazon Gift Card
Best Teacher Costume - Choice of $25 Starbucks Gift Card OR $25 Amazon Gift Card
How to participate
Post your photos on social media with #NAHM and tag South Carolina Governor's School for the Arts and Humanities OR email photos to email@example.com (be sure to include your name).
Humanities at the Governor's School
This month, the Office of Outreach is raising awareness about the humanities -- an important part of the curriculum here at the Governor's school. Click here for more information!
About the Governor's School's Outreach Programs
As a part of the Governor’s School’s mission to serve as a resource to teachers across the state, the Office of Outreach provides professional learning opportunities to enrich arts education in South Carolina. Learn more.