SCGSAH celebrates the commencement of the Class of 2022
The South Carolina Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities is proud to present the following 97 students of the Class of 2022 who graduated on Friday, May 27 at Furman University’s McAlister Auditorium.
Emma Jane Zaher
Serena Fullerton Nicholson
Lex Zarama Rivas
Collectively, the Class of 2022 has received millions of dollars in scholarship offers from prestigious colleges, universities and conservatories across the nation, and have been recognized regionally and nationally for their achievements in the arts and academics.
The honors of this highly celebrated class include the following:
- 42 seniors were inducted into the National Honor Society and 15 were named Academic Achievement Award Scholars
- 21 seniors received awards in Scholastic Art and Writing Awards Region-at-Large competition, and 2 seniors received medals in the national competition, including an American Visions Award
- 8 seniors were honored in the Music Teachers National Association Senior Performance Competition, including 1 state winner, 3 alternate winners, and 4 honorable mentions
- 8 seniors were inducted into the National Honor Society for Dance Arts
- 3 seniors were selected as YoungArts finalists, and 2 of them were named U.S. Presidential Scholars in the Arts Semifinalists
- 2 seniors were selected to be Piccolo Spoleto Rising Stars
- 2 seniors were NATS Regional Finalists
- 1 senior was named the first-ever Rock Hill Youth Poet Laureate
The Governor’s School’s residential high school program provides pre-professional training in the arts as well as a nationally recognized academic education. Artistically talented students from across the state are selected through an application and audition process and attend during their sophomore, junior and senior years depending on their selected art area. Upon successful completion, graduates receive a South Carolina high school diploma and a Scholar Diploma. As a public school, tuition is free. Students only pay for meal plan and housing costs. Financial assistance is available through the Governor’s School Foundation. Applications for the 2023-2024 school year will open in the fall at SCGSAH.org.