June 19 - 24 / June 26 - July 1
During this one-week program, emerging writers discover their talents in poetry and fiction through:
- Daily workshops led by published authors
- Writing poems and stories
- Sharing original compositions for critique by teachers and peers in a supportive setting
- Broadening their knowledge of contemporary authors
- Expanding their critical vocabulary through a variety of reading materials
- Presenting their works in a reading at the end their experience
How To Apply
Students apply in 7th & 8th grade to attend in the summers following 7th & 8th grade. An online application process, which includes demographic and arts information, must be completed to be considered for admission. The online application portal will be used to request recommendations and upload other required materials.
Creative Writing applicants are required to upload a writing portfolio to the application portal.
- View the Writing Portfolio Guidelines
- Check out our Suggested Reading List
- Learn about our deadlines and financial assistance and program fees!